Monday, November 11, 2013

5-minute craft: iphone case(s)

As usual I'm supposed to be doing a million other things (like studying for the 8 upcoming exams) instead of crafting. But this is a really easy-peasy DIY that can be done in a few minutes! Changeable iphone covers. Came up with the idea one day while looking at my DIY-ed pens and thought that it could be done with iphone covers as well. Yes I love inserting patterned paper into everything. But I'm not the only one; I chanced upon someone else on Pinterest who thought of this iphone case idea too. Being the fickle person that I am, this is the perfect budget-friendly idea to never getting tired of your iphone cover. And I dare say it can be done with clear macbook covers as well. 


Materials needed: patterned paper, clear iphone case, scissors, penknife, pencil

Trace the outline of your phone onto the patterned paper (note that it has to be traced onto the flip side). Then placing the clear iphone case onto the traced shape, trace the camera hole onto the patterned paper. Cut the paper according to the shape traced and carefully cut out the camera hole using the penknife. And it's done! Cut out as many pieces as you want on different patterned paper and you can change your iphone design according to your mood / the occasion.

Note: I recommend using thin patterned paper instead of thick cardstock, so that your case fits well onto the phone. Depending on the type of clear case you have, the case might not be able to fit as well if thick cardstock is used. I'm using the clear hard case that clips onto the phone. An alternative would be the clear soft / rubber case, which would probably be able to fit thicker paper better.

No comments:

Post a Comment