Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Chibi Cats (Continued)


After a long hiatus, I'm finally back from my travels! It's been an amazing experience going around east Africa for 4 months, and then thereafter to Japan for two weeks to refresh myself and catch up with an old friend. And now I'm back for good (or rather, for the time being) and I've decided to start selling these chibi cats on my etsyshop

I first began selling these chibi cat keyrings in the cat cafe where I worked part-time for a few months, and in the time that I was gone, my mum took over for me. 9 months on I must say I'm glad to see that sales has done so well, and I thought I would try selling them online as well.


For those who have visited the Cat Cafe Neko no Niwa before (and those who haven't really should!), this series of chibi cats are actually inspired by the cafe cats themselves, and so I've given them the names of the cafe cats. I've tried my best to make them into the likenesses of the cafe cats, and I must admit that some are more successful than the others. Still! All of them are cute, no? (=^・ェ・^=)ノ


For those who've read my previous post and seen the initial photos of my chibi cats, you'll realise that these ones look slightly different. For one they've been "simplified" to make them more uniform, and cuter imo. This newer version of chibi cat has a triangular button nose and no mouth, and there is now a wider color range for bow ties and eye colors!


We decided to give cotton candy-coloured chibi cats a try and surprisingly there's been a pretty good response! Initially I had doubts as to whether they would sell, seeing as they do not look like "real" cats. But the pastel colours make the chibi cats look like really sweet creatures and I guess it appeals to certain people (: 

These are all available now in my shop on etsy, so do check them out if you're interested! (=^・ェ・^=)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment