Monday, June 27, 2011

Tea party: invitation cards

So I decided to make some invitation cards for my 21st birthday tea party

Materials: paper doilies, patterned brown paper, tracing paper, patterned fabric tape (or washi tape), marker


Easy DIY - The cards were really easy to make. I cut the brown paper into 14 cm squares, stuck the paper doily onto the card and it's done! And it looks pretty 'cause of the paper doily pattern. 

I'm in love with paper doilies; I think they make everything look nicer. Like when you use it as bases for cakes and tarts. It took me a long while to hunt down the paper doilies though, I couldn't seem to find them anywhere?! I found some at Daiso, but they only came in one size (for cakes), which was too big for my purposes. Finally found these in a small neighbourhood shop selling utensils and crockery.


The envelopes were a little tricky though. I wanted the cards to fit them exactly, so it took a little while to figure out how much margin to leave, and how to fold and cut them. Initially I also wanted the names of my friends to be printed on the tracing paper, in typewriter font; I think that would have been cute. But I didn't have a laser printer, and my printer isn't tracing paper-friendly, so I ended up having to write their names on the envelopes with a marker.

And the fabric tape is for sealing the envelope (:

No comments:

Post a Comment